Sex and Relationships Education
Key Principles/Purpose of Study:
Sex and Relationship Education (SRE) is learning about the emotional, social and physical aspects of growing up, relationships, sex, human sexuality and sexual health. It will equip the boys with the information, skills and values to have safe, fulfilling and enjoyable relationships and to take responsibility for their sexual health and well-being now and in the future.
Aims and Objectives:
The following is a summary of what Littlegreen will be teaching about growing up, relationships and sex;
Year 3 - My Body
- Naming parts including genitalia of boys and girls.
- Private parts of my body
- touch: safe touch/unsafe touch/unwanted touch
- how my body changed since I was a baby
Year 4 - Friends and Family
- Who is in my family? What does my family do for me?
- How are other families similar or different to mine?
- What do I like about my friend? What does my friend like about me?
- What can other people do to make me feel good?
- Who do I look after?
- Why should I tease other people?
Year 5 - Puberty
- Life cycles
- Feelings and emotions as well as physical changes
Year 6 - Relationships
- Respect/consent in non-sexual situations/gender stereotypes
- More on puberty and life-cycles
Year 7 - Emotions and Feelings
- Practicing communication skills
- Anatomy, hormones, erections, normal fluids
- What is normal with body changes
- Sexual attraction vs love
- Body beautiful and the media
Year 9 - Sexual Health
- STI's, contraception, alcohol risks
- Getting help and advice
- When will I be ready for sex? What should sex be like?
- Where can I go for more info?
Links to Useful Resources: